theplantifulchef

Plant Based Recipes

Friday 12 October 2018

Parsnip Gnocchi


Evening everyone, you all when crazy when i popped this picture up for this gnocchi a few weeks ago and finally i wrote down the recipe as i made it again the other day. This dish is inspired by fall and the need for soft fluffy pillows of gnocchi. How much flour your going to need will be based on how wet your vegetables have cooked so try not to over cook them but make sure they are cooked all the way through as they will not mash. This serves 2 people. 


what you need; 
2 medium size parsnips (boiled till super soft)
1 medium size white potato (boiled)
1/2 gluten free flour 
1/4 tsp garlic and onion powder 
150g baby chestnut mushrooms (or just chestnut if you can't find them) chopped up 
2 large handfuls of kale chopped 
1-2tsp of dairy free butter 

Method; 
Mash parsnips and potato in a bowl and season, add in the onion and garlic powder. Now add in your flour, and bring together into a firm dough. Separate dough into tsp sized balls and roll in extra flour. Take a fork and gentle press the balls against the fork while rolling it, this is just for the ascetic purposes you can just leave them as little balls. Boil a pan of water with a pinch of salt in and place gnocchi in and wait till it floats to the top, scoop out onto a paper towel and then empty the water from the pan. Now place a little butter in the pan and add back in the gnocchi be sure to keep it on low heat we don't want it sticking. Add in mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes getting everything some colour, for the final few minutes add in the kale then serve. 


I hope you enjoyed this recipe, if you do decide to make this make sure to tag me over of social media! i love looking at your recreations. Until next time, Helen xx 



SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Is that 1/2 a cup of GF flour? Such an exciting recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi yes it is sorry I’ve kissed out the cup on there, enjoy :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing the post.I decided to add your blog to my bookmarks so I can return to it at a later date.I am sure that if I ask enough people, they'll agree with me, too best autoketing, Shopify free shipping bar app, shipping bar shopify

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just an fyi for you next time just put them in the oven! I dont fry anything anymore everything that is supposed to be fried gets baked and I actually like it better and its so much healthier for you...Just thought I would share that tip with you.....

    autoketing
    recent sales notification popup
    sale notification app

    ReplyDelete
  4. The site is very interesting. I'm full of the joys of spring when see your new posts.This is one wonderful blog article.Much thanks again
    best app currency converter , currency converter box , autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was facing problems, I read your articles.I hope I could read them everyday. Your posts offer advice to me. I think that they are really helpful for me but also other readers.
    best gameBlocky Craft Police Squad Mommy Elsa Baby Caring online game Tomb Runner play game for free

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read your article. it is very informative and helpful for me.I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles.
    jogos friv gratis
    Jogos online
    jogos 4 school

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really a great addition. I have read this marvelous post. Thanks for sharing information about it. I really like that. Thanks so lot for your convene. A great website with interesting and unique material what else would you need.Abcya || Y8 ||Friv

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig