theplantifulchef

Plant Based Recipes

Tuesday 12 December 2017

cinnamon swirl/bun pancakes

Afternoon, just thought i would drop by with these cinnamon swirl pancakes. Finally the recipe is now live, hurray! Lets get into what your going to need. These pancakes are gluten free and are only sweetened with a few dates, so a breakfast acceptable treat. 


Makes around 2 large stacks 

1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
1/4 cup rice flour
1/4 cup buckwheat
1tsp baking powder
1tbs chia seeds 3tbs water
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup yogurt

1/4 cup soaked dates (overnight)
1/4 cup water
1tsp cinnamon

1/4 cup yogurt
1/2tsp vanilla
pinch of nutritional yeast (optional for that slightly cheesy flavour)

Combine wet and dry ingredients for the pancakes and set aside to thicken up for around 10 minutes. While its thickening up blend dates with water until a smooth batter appears, you may need to add more water depending on the strength of your blender. Add in the cinnamon and a pinch of salt and transfer it to a pipping bag. Mix up the frosting and place back in the fridge ready for serving. 
Now your batter is ready for the pancakes. Make sure to heat your pan over low/medium heat with a little coconut oil. Drop batter into pan and before the top starts to set swirl in your date mixture try and put it actually into the batter rather than just on top as it may come away when you flip your pancakes. Once the pancakes are showing several bubbles, flip them over for a minute to cook the swirl side. Remove from the pan (there may be some date paste on the pan just scrape it off onto the pancakes it tastes like toffee) Serve with frosting and a little seasonal fruit, i also smashed up some granola pieces and sprinkled them on top just for that added crunch.

Hope you enjoyed this recipe, they keep wonderfully well over night in the fridge covered up. just simply place in the microwave on the morning for 30 seconds to make them warm again. These would make the perfect christmas morning pancakes. Who doesn't want to be eating cinnamon bun anything christmas morning right?

Don't forget to tag me if you decide to make these, i love seeing your recreations!

Until next time, Helen xx


SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Hi I am so grateful I found your blog page,I truly feel this amazing site requirements far more consideration. I am trustworthy identical best work from you when you need it at the same time
    autoketing.com, shopify app free shipping bar, Shopify free shipping bar app

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remarkable blog. I enjoyed examining your articles. This is to a great degree a magnificent investigated for me. I have bookmarked it and I am suspecting examining new articles. Keep doing astonishing!
    autoketing
    recent sales notification popup
    sale notification app

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to express my gratitude to you.They contain pieces of advice.I read all your articles.I want to send a thank to you.
    autoketing
    Create Discount master
    Product discount app

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remarkable blog. I enjoyed examining your articles. This is to a great degree a magnificent investigated for me. I have bookmarked it and I am suspecting examining new articles. Keep doing astonishing!
    autoketing
    sales pop master
    sales pop master online

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just an fyi for you next time just put them in the oven! I dont fry anything anymore everything that is supposed to be fried gets baked and I actually like it better and its so much healthier for you...Just thought I would share that tip with you.....

    free online games 2019
    jogos friv

    ReplyDelete

  6. play food games
    basketball games free
    soccer games play
    Just an fyi for you next time just put them in the oven! I dont fry anything anymore everything that is supposed to be fried gets baked and I actually like it better and its so much healthier for you...Just thought I would share that tip with you.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2player kids
    friv4school 2019
    jogos io 2019
    I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your blogs really nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back down the road. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

  8. You must be a kind people because you share your knowledge through articles. You like to read them. They are really good for everyone. Can you upload more articles? I believe that many people like me wait for your next posts.
    miniclip pool ,
    a10 best free online game,
    Jogo 2019

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of the provocative theories, suggested by Michael Wood, is that Shakespeare's most severe separation anxiety, in response to the possibility of his parting with the Young Man has its roots in his parental grief: the boy-lover is a transmutation of the dead son, adolescent and now, lost.
    Abcya games || y8 games ||friv games

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig