theplantifulchef

Plant Based Recipes

Friday 19 May 2017

Chunky Monkey Mini Banana Bread Doughnuts




Banana bread in a mini doughnut form, bursting with little chocolate chips, drizzled with a little chocolate and sprinkled with pecan nuts. So delicious and fluffy, so hard to just have one... these make such a nice little change to banana bread muffins or traditional doughnuts that are packed with refined sugar.

I used to love doughnuts when i was younger, especially at a trip to beach, don't ask me why but doughnuts always spell out beach to me. Unfortunately doughnuts along with a entire list of other things don't really have the best effect on me now. I not saying i do not indulge from time to time that is...

I originally thought of making these as a breakfast doughnut, then the chocolate chips got added in and that kind of went out the window.. ooopps!

You could totally leave them out of course and fold in some nuts and/or cacao nibs? Or you could go all out and have the dark chocolate goodness, i made these with a mini doughnut tin so two or three of these is completely acceptable.


Lets get started with what your going to need to make these delicious doughnuts. This made 16 mini doughnuts for me, i had to make them in two batches.

1/2 cup mashed banana
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup dairy free yogurt
1 flax egg (1tbs flax 4tbs water)
1tsp baking powder
1/2tsp baking soda
1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips

the topping 
2 squares of dark chocolate melted
1/4 cup of chopped pecan nuts

Start off mashing up your banana so its fairy smooth and the least amount of lumps you can get, add in your sugar and flax egg then add in your yogurt. Once everything is nicely combined sieve in all remaining ingredients, then lastly fold in those chocolate chips! Bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 190c fan. If your making them larger you may need to adjust this time slightly. Insert a toothpick and make sure it comes out clean. Once out of the oven leave to cool in the tin before drizzling with melted chocolate and topping with those lovely chopped pecan nuts. 










SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I hope I can see more posts. I may learn knowledge from them. Your posts are exactly what I am looking for. Thank you for sharing what you know.
    autoketing.com, sales notifications, sale notification website

    ReplyDelete
  2. These articles are exactly what I need. I have a liking for your posts. Thanks to your sharing, I can enrich my knowledge. Of course, I wish that you will write and share many posts. Do you know that I wait for them
    jogos friv gratis 2019
    Jogos 2019
    jogos friv

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig