theplantifulchef

Plant Based Recipes

Monday 25 September 2017

Buttermilk Pancakes


Ok so i have spoken a few times about these amazing buttermilk pancakes that i have posted on my Instagram from my old website. I had seen some buttermilk pancakes on Pinterest that contain eggs and thought I'd start experimenting with some Aquafaba instead to see how they turned out. These pancakes are oil free and don't stick to the pan. Right onto these amazing pancakes, they are fluffy light and so tasty!



Makes 10-12 pancakes 

3 tbs of aquafaba and 1 teaspoon of creme of tatar 
1 cup of almond milk and 1 and half tbs of lemon juice (or apple cider vinegar)
1 cup + 3 tbs of sieved plain white flour (if making gluten free make sure to add 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum) 
1 teaspoon of baking powder 
1/2 teaspoon baking soda 
1tbs and half of sweetener this can be coconut sugar or maple syrup whatever you prefer 
1/4 cup measuring cup (for even pancakes)



  1. First off add the lemon juice to the milk and give it a good stir and set to the side. 
  2. Next off you want to whisk up your aquafaba with your creme of tartar this may take a good 5 minutes set to the side. 
  3. Now we are going to add everything together, the milk should have curdled and thickened a bit by this point. 
  4. Put your milk and flour and other dry ingredients into the bowl and gently mix, also add in your sweetener. 
  5. When everything is mixed together smooth fold in your aquafaba mix. 
  6. Heat your pan to low/medium heat and use the 1/4 cup measuring cup to place your batter in the pan. You should see bubbles on the top before you flip over the pancakes. 
  7. Top with warmed blueberries and coconut yogurt and enjoy!

If you do decide to make these come over to social media and show me, i love seeing your recreations and posting them on my page. 






















SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I think that you deserve compliments for your posts.The information is essential for me.I have a fondness for your post. thank you.
    autoketing
    sales pop master
    sales pop master online

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very nice of you to share your knowledge through posts. I love to read stories about your experiences. They're very useful and interesting. I am excited to read the next posts. I'm so grateful for all that you've done. Keep plugging. Many viewers like me fancy your writing. Thank you for sharing precious information with us.
    y8 games
    friv3play games
    friv5 games

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remarkable blog. I enjoyed examining your articles. This is to a great degree a magnificent investigated for me. I have bookmarked it and I am suspecting examining new articles. Keep doing astonishing!
    scribble party games
    shell shockers games
    duck life space games

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your writings are so good. They contains a bunch of information. I think that you know much about those topics. I want to send a thank to you. Your posts can help me more and more in the future. Once again thank you.
    rise up up games
    snail bob 7 fantasy story free
    red ball 5 online

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your writings are so good.It's very kind of you to share your writings.When I have spare time, I often read your posts.Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
    free games
    jogos 4 school

    ReplyDelete
  6. After study some of the blog articles on the website now, i truly as if your means of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark site list and will also be checking back soon

    gy game free
    friv online Games the best online Games
    2 player games y8

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig