theplantifulchef

Plant Based Recipes

Monday 22 January 2018

Tesco coconut pancakes AD

So another pancake recipe has made it onto the blog, but this one measures up just like all the others that are on here. Its a recipe from Tesco for coconut pancakes with caramelised banana and coconut yogurt. They are so light and fluffy and don't contain a lot of ingredients to make them.
This recipe is also really simple and quick to put together even first thing on a morning. If you cant do that you can always make them ahead of time they keep really well in the fridge overnight and heat in the microwave fine the next morning for 30seconds. 


Ive also tested this recipe with gluten free flour blend from Tesco and they work out perfect with 1:1 replacement of flour. 

Tesco have such a great and wide variety of plant based ingredients to choose from everything listed in this recipe was easy to find and they had a wide selection of brands to choose from. You could literally dump everything into a bowl with these pancakes and mix until all the lumps go and you still couldn't go wrong. I like to pop the mixture into a pipping bag and pipe them directly into the pan, thats of course only if your fussy about wanting that perfectly round pancake. 

Right lets get onto what your going to need, the link to these can be found here on the Tesco site where you can also find loads of other plant based recipes for browsing I've also popped it below. You can also get the ingredients texted to your phone (how cool) so its worth a look over!

Ingredients; 
225g self-raising flour (or gluten free flour)
2 tbsp golden caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp salt
30ml coconut oil, melted, plus extra for frying
1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
400ml free-from coconut milk drink
For the caramelised bananas
50g soft brown sugar
100ml free-from coconut milk drink
2 bananas, peeled and sliced into thick rounds
4 tbsp coconut yogurt, to serve

Method:
1. Sift the flour into a large bowl, add the caster sugar, baking
powder and salt and mix together. Whisk in the melted
coconut oil, vanilla extract and 375ml coconut milk to create
a smooth batter, about the consistency of thick double
cream – if the batter seems a little thick, add the remaining
coconut milk to loosen.
2. Melt a little coconut oil in a large frying pan, add a large
spoonful of the batter for each pancake, frying in batches
of 2-3. Cook over a low heat for 2-3 mins or until small
bubbles start to appear. Flip over the pancakes and cook for
another 2 mins or until pale golden and well risen. Transfer
to a serving plate and keep warm while you repeat with the
remaining batter to make 12 pancakes.
3. To make the caramelised bananas, heat the sugar and
coconut milk in another frying pan until the sugar has melted
and the mixture is bubbling. Once reduced slightly, add the
sliced bananas and bubble for 2 mins, then flip and cook for
1 min.
4. Serve 3 warm pancakes per person with some of the
bananas, drizzling over any remaining caramel from the pan.Finish with a dollop of coconut yogurt


I hope you enjoyed this recipe, thank you to Tesco for sponsoring this blog post. Try these at home for a treat at the weekend i promise you will not be disappointed. Until next time, Helen xx 

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I really want to express my gratitude to you.They contain pieces of advice.I read all your articles.I want to send a thank to you.
    currency-converter-app, currency converter free

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you deserve compliments for your posts.The information is essential for me.I have a fondness for your post. thank you.
    shipping bar app, Shipping Bar for Shopify, best autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fear with game-theoretic accounts is that they're too abstract. They might show us an abstract pattern most intelligent creatures will approach, but they (at least at the level I considered them) neglect the fact that all intelligent creatures aren't at this optimum peak, they're somewhere below that. And that, of course, includes us. They are a kind of eschatology of morality, rather than morality, in my opinion - saying where morality will end up, rather than where it is.
    autoketing
    sales pop master free
    sales pop master app

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there would you mind stating which blog platform you’re working with? I’m going to start my own blog soon but I’m having a tough time choosing between. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something completely unique. P.S My apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!
    autoketing
    Create Discount master
    Product discount master app 2018

    ReplyDelete

  5. play food games
    basketball free online
    soccer free online
    Hey there would you mind stating which blog platform you’re working with? I’m going to start my own blog soon but I’m having a tough time choosing between. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something completely unique. P.S My apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in fact grateful to the owner of this website who has shared this wonderful post at here. Hello, i believe that i noticed you visited my web site so i came to return the prefer?.I’m attempting to to find issues to enhance my website!I guess its adequate to use some of your ideas!! friv free online juegos
    2player games for kids
    io jogos 2019

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig