theplantifulchef

Plant Based Recipes

Tuesday 6 February 2018

Sweet Potato Individual Pizza


Quick and easy to throw together, has that chewy base we all want out of pizza crust but it holds together really well when cut into slices. Nothing worse than cutting a slice of pizza and it flops over and you loose your toppings. Now I'm going to put it out there now and tell you that these toppings are maybes not your average ones, but it was all i had left in the house and they were pretty much a happy accident. Lets get on to what your gonna need, this pizza is naturally gluten free and your most likely going to have the ingredients to hand. 


For the base 
1 cooked medium sweet potato 
1/4 cup chickpea flour 
1/4 cup rice flour 
1/2 tsp baking powder 
1/4tsp onion powder 
1/4tsp garlic powder 
1/2tsp oil 
salt and pepper to taste

For the sauce 
2tbs tomato puree 
1/4tsp onion and garlic powder 
1tsp italian herb mix 
(All mixed together)

Toppings 
shiitake mushrooms 
courgette
chickpeas (already roasted)
red peppers 
the leaves off pak choi 

Method
Preheat your oven to 180fan/200degrees. Open up the sweet potato i just microwaved mine on a plate for 6minutes until soft inside. Scrape the insides into a bowl and mash with a fork until smooth. Add in the remaining ingredients and keep mashing it will come together into a dough. Get your hands in work it like a dough to make sure its all held together, if not add a little more flour. When your happy its like pizza dough take it out the bowl and sprinkle a little rice flour on the bench, you can now either roll it into a pizza or press it out with your fingers. Place on baking tray lined with baking paper and add your topping. Bake in the oven for 15/20 minutes this will depend on your oven just keep an eye on it. Serve and enjoy. 


I hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you do decide to make this be sure to tag me over on social media, until next time, Helen xx 

SHARE:

9 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I ommit the rice flour or replace it with something else?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a liking for your articles.They have lots of knowledge and tips..The articles bring insight and knowledge. They are so great.
    currency-converter-online, best app currency converter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read your articles.they are precious pieces of advice. I even can apply them in ordinary life.Your pieces of writing are awesome.
    App Shipping Bar Master, Free shipping bar, best autoketing app

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this! I make a lot of baby blankets to give away to the new moms in my area, and this is perfect and easy to adjust to either gender or gender neutral colors. Thank you so much!
    autoketing
    sales pop master free
    sales pop master app

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy are using WordPress for your site platform? I’m new to the blog world but I’m trying to get started and create my own. Do you need any html coding expertise to make your own blog? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    autoketing
    Product discount master app
    Create Discount master

    ReplyDelete
  7. food games 2019 online
    basketball online games
    soccer games
    Howdy are using WordPress for your site platform? I’m new to the blog world but I’m trying to get started and create my own. Do you need any html coding expertise to make your own blog? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2player free
    friv Games play
    jogos io online
    Hi my friend! I want to say that this post is amazing, nice written and come with almost all vital infos. I would like to see extra posts like this .

    ReplyDelete

  9. I learn some new stuff from it too, thanks for sharing your information.More new Update and I Already Read your Recent Post its Great Thanks.
    miniclip motorbike games,
    a10 games,
    Jogos para crianças 2019

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig