theplantifulchef

Plant Based Recipes

Saturday 26 January 2019

General Tso Tofu

This sauce is one of my favourites it has a nice little spicy kick to it and is amazing over tofu, chickpeas or cauliflower (or whatever you like really) Lets dive straight into what your going to need for this really simple straight forward recipe. 


1 packet of extra firm tofu 
1/4cup pineapple juice 
4tbs apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup light soy 
3tbs maple syrup or any sweetener
thumb size piece of ginger grated
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2tsp garlic and onion powder 
2tsp cornflower mixed with a little water to form slurry 

Start by prepping the tofu, chop into blocks and you can either fry this over low/medium heat until puffed up or bake in the oven with a little spray of oil and sprinkle of cornflour for 20 minutes and 180degrees until puffed and golden. Once tofu is ready place all sauce ingredients (aside from cornflour mixture) in pan and heat over medium heat until hot and bubbling. Stir in cornflour mixture and turn heat down low until sauce in nice and thick. Serve with rice and enjoy. 

I hope you enjoyed this recipe, keep tagging me in pictures! i love reposting your recreations! until next time, Helen xx 


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I am going to say that you did great work and this is an awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles on the same matter.jogos friv online
    Jogos live
    jogos friv 4 school

    ReplyDelete
  2. The writing work is remarkable, and I am so pleased that you were able to share this article here.I am looking forward on your next post, I’ll attempt to get the hang of it!
    autoketing.com sales notifications pop sales
    kizi games
    free game online
    friv Games 2019


    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig