theplantifulchef

Plant Based Recipes

Friday 11 January 2019

Sweet And Sour Tofu

I know I've got a sweet and sour cauliflower recipe on here but this sweet and sour tofu is a bit less sauce-heavy and if you ask me packs just as much of a punch. 

Lets dive straight into what your going to need for this, this one another one for the ebook, still plenty more to come! 


You can easily double this recipe if its not enough

What you need; 

Sauce;
1/4 cup pineapple juice  
1/4 cup chopped pineapple 
1tbs apple cider vinegar 
2tsp agave syrup 
2tsp tomato puree 
1/2 tsp cornflour mixed with 1tbs water 

1 small pack of firm tofu 
1/4 cup red pepper chopped
1tsp cornflour 
a little oil to fry 


Method; 

Coat tofu in corn flour and fry in a little oil for 15 minutes over medium heat until puffed and golden.Add in the pepper in the last 5 minutes. Mix all sauce ingredients in a bowl minus the cornflour mixture add to the pan bring the temperature up and add in the cornflour mixture then turn the heat down low and let it thicken. Serve over rice or whatever you like. 


I hope you enjoy this recipe, i have been really enjoying sharing these recipes and will be back next week with more! Until next time, Helen xx 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I am going to say that you did great work and this is an awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles on the same matter.
    jogos friv gratis
    Jogos online
    jogos 4 school

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig