theplantifulchef

Plant Based Recipes

Friday 23 February 2018

Hoisin Oyster Mushroom Sandwich

Ok this recipe is really easy and can be easily adapted to suit whatever you want flavour wise, its also amazing as a pulled pork substitute. I made this hoisin mushroom a few weeks back for a sushi bowl. However i could not resist popping it into a sandwich with a little shredded naked slaw of carrots and cabbage and a quick pickle cucumber. I also popped on some spring onions on there because what is the hoisin without that spring onion flavour? nothing i tell you, nothing. Lets dive straight into what your going to need for this, the mushrooms are the most important part of this dish i found mine in sainsbury's I've also seen them in most local market stalls. 


what you will need;

this serves around 2 people 

Around 125g mushrooms 
2tbs of your favourite hoisin sauce 
1/4 tsp onion powder 
1/4 garlic powder 
thin sliced cucumber placed in a little rice vinegar (while you prep rest of the sandwich) 
shredded carrot and cabbage 
1 chopped spring onion 
a little parsley 
2 buns of choice 

Method; 

First off you need to pre cook your mushrooms before you "pull" them so you can either dry fry them in a pan or pop them in the microwave for around 3 minutes until they become soft enough to pull with 2 forks. Once you have pulled them they are ready for the flavours so drain off any water and add in your powders and pop back into the pan. Dry fry for a few minutes then when your happy with the texture add in the sauce and fry for a further minute to make the sauce sticky. Serve with cucumber, shredded carrot and cabbage, spring onion and a little parsley on top. Tip to add a little sauce to the bun at the top to help it all stick together. 

I hope you enjoyed this recipe, if you do decide to make this pop on over to social media and tag me i love seeing your recreations! until next time, Helen xx 

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I really appreciate for this great information,I have a liking for your posts. You must be a kind people because you share your knowledge through articles. I wait for them and always support you.
    currency-converter-online, currency-converter-app

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the post.And I hope that other readers will also experience how they feel after reading your article. I decided to add your blog to my bookmarks so I can return to it at a later date.

    shipping bar shopify, Shopify free shipping bar app, app autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I’m at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the excellent work!
    autoketing
    Create Discount master
    Product discount master app 2018

    ReplyDelete

  4. play food games
    basketball free online
    soccer free online
    Hello! I’m at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in fact grateful to the owner of this website who has shared this wonderful post at here. Hello, i believe that i noticed you visited my web site so i came to return the prefer?.I’m attempting to to find issues to enhance my website!I guess its adequate to use some of your ideas!!
    friv free online juegos
    2player games for kids
    io jogos 2019

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig