theplantifulchef

Plant Based Recipes

Monday 9 April 2018

Double Chocolate Banana Muffins

Ok so I've teased you guys enough with this recipe, its finally here! but was it worth waiting for? Of course it was, its double chocolate muffins for crying out loud. Its got the right balance of sweetness and fluffiness with bits of melting chocolate. I mean whats not to love? I also wanted to create this so you can shove it in a loaf tin and bake a big old chocolate loaf/cake. So the temperatures change and times do as well but i will include both below. Lets get into what your going to need. Makes 1 big loaf or 9-10 giant muffins. 



3 small really ripe bananas
1/4 cup vegan butter (or coconut oil)
1/2 cup milk mixed with 1tsp apple vinegar 
1/4 cup coconut sugar 
2tbs flaxseed mixed with 6tbs water (for 10mins) (use 2 eggs if veggie)
1 cup of GF flour self raising  and 1tsp baking soda 
1/3 cup cacao powder 
1/3 dark chocolate 

If your making muffins or the loaf preheat the oven to 170fan. Next up mash your bananas, butter and sugar together. Don't worry if it looks all separate and weird it'll come together, add in the flax eggs and make sure theres no big lumps in the mixture. Add in the milk and mix again. Now throw in your dry mixture and mix together, if you need a little more milk at this stage add no more than 1/4cup should be the constancy of a thick cake batter. Divide between the muffin tins i like to fill about 3/4 way up the sprinkle a little chocolate in each one so everyone gets equal melting chocolate. Cover with rest of batter and place in the oven. If your making the loaf turn it down to 160 and bake for 45 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out fairly clean. For the muffins keep it at 170 and bake for 20-25 minutes until tooth pick comes out clean. Leaves to cool for 15 minutes in the tins then transfer to a rack before slicing/ devouring. Enjoy! 

I hope you enjoyed this recipe, if you do make this loaf/ muffins feel free to tag me over on social media. I love looking at your recreations. Speak soon, Helen xx 
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I really appreciate for this great information,I have a liking for your posts. You must be a kind people because you share your knowledge through articles. I wait for them and always support you.
    currency converter app, currency converter online

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very nice blog that I will definitely come back to more times this year! it is exciting to look that some people but complement an attempt into coping with their websites. shipping bar shopify, Shopify free shipping bar app, best autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger. I’ve joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post. Also, I’ve shared your website in my social networks!
    autoketing
    sales pop by autoketing
    pop website

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy are using WordPress for your site platform? I’m new to the blog world but I’m trying to get started and create my own. Do you need any html coding expertise to make your own blog? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    apps autoketing
    Product discount app
    Create Discount master

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much thanks for this valuable article. I have to thank you for ones time for this especially astonishing read!They contain plenty of information and insight.
    Tomb Runner best online game game Mommy Elsa Baby Caring Ride The Bus Simulator

    ReplyDelete
  6. food games
    basketball games
    soccer games 2019
    Much thanks for this valuable article. I have to thank you for ones time for this especially astonishing read!They contain plenty of information and insight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good replies in return of this matter with real arguments and explaining everything regarding that.A person necessarily lend a hand to make significantly posts I might state. That is the first time I frequented your website page and thus far? I amazed with the research you made to create this particular put up amazing. Excellent task!
    jogo io jogar
    frivgame 2019
    2player games for kids

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig